Chris Stapleton is a well-known American singer-songwriter and guitarist. Here are the top five things you need to know about him:
- Musical career: Stapleton was the lead singer of the SteelDrivers from 2008 to 2010, a bluegrass quintet founded by some of Nashville’s most gifted behind-the-scenes players. He has since released multiple albums as a solo artist, including his debut album “Traveller” in 2015, which was recorded at Nashville’s historic RCA Studio A.
- CMA Awards: Stapleton has won numerous Country Music Association Awards, including Male Vocalist of the Year and Album of the Year for “Traveller” in 2015, and Album of the Year for “From A Room: Volume 1” in 2017.
- Family history: Stapleton’s father was a coal miner, and Stapleton still has one of the first pieces of coal his father ever mined, which he has brought on stage with him, dedicating a song to his father.
- Chris Stapleton is married to Morgane Stapleton. They have been married since 2007 and have five children together. They met in 2003 when they were both working as songwriters at neighboring Nashville publishing houses, and Morgane is also a musician in her own right and works alongside Chris as one of his backup vocalists.
- The couple is very private about their children and Chris stated, “I signed up for this. My children did not. I am a very private person, and in that respect, I keep my children out of it. They’re children, and they deserve the chance to be children.”
Overall, Chris Stapleton is a highly respected musician in the country music industry, known for his powerful vocals and thoughtful songwriting.