Did you know some of your favorite country artists used to play football in college? Here are five:
1. Trace Adkins: He was an offensive lineman at Louisiana Tech. He had to quit after his freshman year because of a knee injury.
2. Sam Hunt: He was a starting quarterback at the University of Alabama at Birmingham. And even tried out for the Kansas City Chiefs.
3. Lee Brice: He earned a scholarship to play as a lineman at Clemson University. But injured his right arm and had a career-ending surgery.
4. Riley Green: He was the starting quarterback at Jacksonville State University. He quit football to pursue music, but it looks like that paid off!
5. Chase Rice: He was a linebacker for the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. He got injured and couldn’t pursue a professional career.