Happy National Coffee Day! According to the National Coffee Association, 63% of adults in America drink it daily. And most of us aren’t just having one cup. The average is two to three cups a day. That’s not a small amount of coffee we’re swilling down, but we’re still not even close to #1 if you look at other countries’ per capita numbers. Americans drink 324 cups per person each year. Lebanon is #1 at 1,516. Sweden is next at 1,184. As always, a bunch of chains have deals today. But Starbucks isn’t one of them. They’re doing free “coffee tastings” in select cities, but that’s it. These other chains DO have deals though. Here are eight ways to get a free cup of coffee today . . .
1. Krispy Kreme is giving out free cups of coffee, no purchase necessary. Just walk in and get a free medium coffee, or iced coffee.
2. Dunkin’ is doing a free medium cup with any purchase for Dunkin’ Rewards members.
3. Circle K is giving out free coffee through its app today, and all weekend.
4. Pilot Flying J truck stops have free coffee all day through their app.
5. Tim Hortons has free coffee for rewards members if you spend $3.
6. White Castle has a coupon for a free small coffee with any order.
7. Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf is running a contest, where one person will win free coffee for a year. Starting today, rewards members are automatically entered any time they buy something through the app.
8. Peet’s Coffee is trying to poach customers with a new “DISLOYALTY Program.” (???) There’s a site where you can send them a screenshot of a different coffee chain’s loyalty app, and they’ll give you a free cup of coffee for it. Go to PeetsDisloyalty.com.
(CNET.com put together a huge list of basically every deal out there this year.)