I think we all know that “American Idol” doesn’t always get it right. Plenty of people were rejected by the show before going on to make it big on their own. According to JustJared, here are some examples:
1. Bebe Rexha. She waited with her mom for 10 hours, but didn’t make it through. 10 years later, she was MENTORING contestants.
2. Maren Morris. She was rejected by both “Idol” and “The Voice”.
3. Colbie Caillat. She admits she wasn’t ready when she auditioned, and she was glad they turned her away.
4. Mickey Guyton. She was on Season 8, but she got eliminated right before the live episodes.
5. Hillary Scott from Lady A. She tried out TWICE, but never got to audition for the judges.
6. Amber Riley from “Glee”. She auditioned when she was 17, and never got to sing for the judges, either. She did just win “The Masked Singer“, though. Redemption???
7. Naya Rivera. She auditioned with the Bee Gees song “Emotion” but didn’t make it past the first round. But she used the same song to audition for “Glee”, with more success.
8. Kane Brown. Producers rejected him because they, quote, “didn’t need another Scotty McCreery.” Kane then made it onto “The X Factor”, but he quit when they tried to make him join a boy band.
9. Chrissy Metz from “This Is Us”. She got one step away from being able to sing for the judges before she was cut.
10. Tori Kelly. Even though Simon Cowell called her voice “almost annoying,” she made it to the Top 24.