ALPHA MEDIA’S CONTEST-SPECIFIC RULES FOR THE KBAY-FM
TAYLOR SWIFT BAY COUNTRY VERIFIED FAN CONTEST
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
These contest-specific rules should be read in conjunction with Alpha Media’s General Contest Rules, which are applicable to all contests conducted by Alpha Media Holdings LLC and/or its subsidiaries (including licensee subsidiaries).
Sponsor(s): KBAY-FM, 5225 Hellyer Ave, Suite #245, San Jose, CA 95138 and AEG Presents 425 W 11th St #500, Los Angeles, CA 90015 (collectively, “Sponsor”).
- Promotional Period: The Taylor Swift Bay Country Verified Fan contest (the “Promotion”) begins on or around Monday, July 17, 2023, at 12:00 am “pacific time” PT and ends at 1:59 pm PT on or about at Friday, March 24, 2023 (the “Promotional Period”).
- Eligibility Restrictions: The Promotion is open to all legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia (except NY and FL) who are 21 years of age or older at the time of entry and who live in/reside in one of the Nine (9) jurisdictions that make up the listening area of the Greater San Francisco / Bay Area (San Francisco, Santa Clara, Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, San Mateo, Solano, Napa, and Sonoma Counties). Employees of KBAY-FM (the “Station”), its parent, subsidiary, and affiliated entities, its advertising agencies, participating sponsors/promotional partners, other broadcast stations in the Station’s listening area, and the members of their immediate families (spouse, parents, siblings or children) or households (whether related or not) are ineligible to participate or win. This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void outside the United States, in NY and FL, as applicable, and where prohibited.
Only one winner per household is permitted. Individuals may only win a Station-conducted contest/sweepstakes once every sixty (60) days.To claim a prize, the Winner must complete and sign a winner release form and W9 form, as well as provide a valid government-issued photo identification and provide their complete address, date of birth and phone number, email address and Social Security Number.
Participants must sign all contest release and waiver forms before accepting the prize.
Entrants are required to provide truthful information and the Station will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. The Station will disqualify any entry from any individual who does not meet the eligibility requirements, and will also delete any entry as required by law.
- Entry Method: To participate in the Promotion, you may enter via the following method(s).
VIA ONLINE– Listeners are encouraged to sign up to become a Bay Country Verified Fan online at kbaycountry.com. Once they are registered, they will need to listen to Bay Country 94.5, Monday, July 24, 2023 through Friday, July 28, 2023 at 11:10am to see if their name gets called out. See On-Air Rules below.
VIA ON-AIR– Listeners who registered to become a Bay Country Verified Fan will need to listen to Bay Country 94.5/92.1 at 11:10am to see if their name is called out by the on-air personality. Person whose name is called will have Thirteen (13) minutes to call back the studio at 408-538-5229 and claim this two (2) tickets to see Taylor Swift at Levi’s Stadium on Saturday, July 29, 2023. If the person whose name is called out does not call back within the thirteen (13) minute window, another name will called out at 2:10pm PT and if the person whose name is called does not call back, another name will be called at 5:10pm PT. Once a person whose name is announced calls back and claims their prize, the contest ends for the day and will resume at 11:10am the following day.
Only one (1) entry per Entrant is permitted. There will be up to a total of one (1) winner selected in the contest. A winner is defined as the person(s) who has been deemed eligible by the Station to win a prize (“Winner”). Only one (1) Winner, per household for the duration of this Contest is permitted.
- Prizes: Five (5) prizes will be awarded in this contest. The prizes consist of two (2) tickets to see Taylor Swift at Levi’s Stadium on Saturday, July 29, 2023. Tickets are valid for Saturday, July 29, 2023 only. The ARV of the prize is One Thousand Five Hundred Ninety Eight Dollars ($1,598.00)
- Odds of Winning: Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Selection and Notification: Decisions of Station management with respect to the Promotion are final.
Monday, July 24, 2023 at approximately 11:10 am – Friday, July 28, 2023 at 4:59 pm, any person whose name is announced and they call back within the thirteen (13) minute window will be deemed the winner as described above in Section 1 of these Official Rules as described above in Section 1 of these Official Rules.
Potential winner(s) will be notified of winning by telephone at the time of the drawing. Prize(s) will be awarded only upon confirmation of eligibility and completion of all requisite releases. Upon notification or notification attempt, the potential winner(s) will be required to respond to such notification attempt and must execute and return, along with the guest(s) of the winner(s), an IRS Form W-9, affidavit of acceptance, eligibility, liability, publicity release, and if applicable, Contest Sponsor liability release forms within thirty (30) days of such notification or notification attempt or prize(s) will be forfeited. If a winner has not reached the age of majority in his/her state of residence, the prize(s) will be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian. If a potential winner(s) is deemed ineligible for any reason, cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the fully executed affidavit of eligibility and/or liability/publicity release within the required time period, or if a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner forfeits the prize(s). The Station or Contest Administrator or Sponsor is not responsible for any changes in an entrant or winner’s email address, phone number, mailing address or other contact information.
- Payments of all federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winner(s). Winner(s) will be required to complete and submit an IRS Form W-9 or the equivalent including a winner’s full Social Security Number for receipt of any prize valued at $600 or more or for any prizes awarded by the station conducting the Promotion (in combination with any prizes won in Promotions run by any other Alpha radio station) in a calendar year with an aggregate value of $600 or more. Failure to submit a complete W-9 or equivalent will result in disqualification and forfeiture of the prize.
- Participating in the Promotion and acceptance of a prize constitutes a winner’s and guest’s (where applicable) permission for the Alpha or its agents to photograph, film and record each winner, and to use his/her name, address (city and state), likeness, photograph, voice, biographical information and/or any statements made by him/her regarding the Promotion or its sponsors for purposes of trade, publicity or promotion without additional financial or other compensation, and, Alpha may, where legal, require a winner (and guest or travel companion, where applicable) to sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize. It is the responsibility of the winner(s) to ensure that their guest(s) or travel companion(s) sign and return any required release. In the case of a conflict in this paragraph 3 b and any similar paragraph in contest specific rules the general specific rules will govern.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating in the Promotion, you:
- agree to grant Alpha a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide license to edit, telecast, exhibit, rerun, reproduce, use, syndicate, license, print, distribute and otherwise exploit any items (including any photos, videos, audio, or written material) submitted as part of your contest entry (the “Materials”), or any portion thereof, in any manner and in any and all formats and media now known or hereafter devised, without payment to you or any third party;
- acknowledge that Alpha reserves the right, in its sole discretion, not to use the Materials at all; and
iii. represent and warrant that: you are at least as old as the age of majority in your state; you have the full legal right, power and authority to grant to Alpha the license provided for herein; you own or control the complete exhibition and other rights to the Materials you submitted for the purposes contemplated in this license; you are either the parent (or legal guardian) of any minor featured in the Materials or have received the express consent of the parent (or legal guardian) for any such minor to appear in the Materials and to enter the minor’s likeness in the Materials in the contest; and neither the Materials nor the exercise of the rights granted herein shall infringe upon or violate the right of privacy or right of publicity of, or constitute a libel or slander against, or violate any common law or any other right of, any person or entity.
- Prior to awarding any prize or prize certificate, and depending on the nature of the prize and eligibility requirements of the Promotion, Alpha in its sole discretion may require verification of Promotion winner’s or winners’ identification by a showing of valid government-issued photo identification.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating and/or accepting a prize, entrants, winner(s) and guests (if applicable) agree to release and hold harmless the station conducting the Promotion, its sponsor(s) and promotional partner(s), its advertising and promotion agencies, any social media platform utilized in the conduct of the Promotion (including but not limited to Facebook, Inc.) and each of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities, and the officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents, representatives, successors, and assigns of each of them (collectively, the “Released Parties”) against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or participation in the Promotion. Alpha may also require eligible Promotion winner(s) and their guests or travel companions, if any (as well as each of their parent(s) or legal guardian(s), if winner(s), guest(s) or travel companion(s) are under the age of majority in their state of residence), to sign a liability release confirming such consent. It is the responsibility of the winner(s) to ensure that their guest(s) or travel companion(s) sign and return any required release.
- The station conducting the Promotion, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person (and all of their entries) from this Promotion if he or she tampers with the entry process, the operation of the Promotion, or the operation of the station’s website, Facebook Page, and/or any other social networking site used in the Promotion, or is otherwise in violation of the rules. The station conducting the Promotion further reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Promotion, or any part of it, if it is not capable of completion as planned or if any fraud, technical failures or any factor beyond the station’s control, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion as determined by the station in is sole discretion. Any attempt by an entrant or any person to deliberately damage any station website, Facebook Page, and/or any other social networking site used in the Promotion or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Alpha reserves the right to seek full prosecution and/or damages from any such individual to the fullest extent permitted by law. The station’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of this provision. If due to circumstances beyond the control of the station conducting the Promotion, any competition or prize-related event or travel is delayed, rescheduled, postponed or cancelled, the station reserves the right, but not the obligation, to modify, terminate, suspend or cancel the Promotion and shall not be required to award a substitute prize.
- The Released Parties are not responsible for (i) typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the Promotion, or in the announcement of a prize; (ii) entries not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties, malfunctions, disconnections, other technological failures, telephone service outages, delays, dropped calls, or busy signals, or any other difficulties that may prevent an individual from sending or receiving a text message; or (iii) lost, stolen, mangled, misdirected, postage due, illegible, incomplete, incorrect, or late entries. Further, the Released Parties are not responsible if any part of a Promotion prize cannot be awarded due to acts of god, acts of war, natural disasters, weather, acts of terrorism or other factors beyond Alpha’s control.
- Official Rules and Winner List: To obtain a copy of the General Contest Rules, these contest-specific rules, or a list of winner(s) following completion of the Promotion (please specify which), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope (VT residents may omit return postage) specifying “General Contest Rules,” “Contest-Specific Rules,” or “Winner List” to The Taylor Swift Bay Country Verified Fan contest Winner List or Official Rules Request, KBAY-FM, 5225 Hellyer Ave, Suite #245, San Jose, CA 95138. A copy of the General Contest Rules, contest-specific rules, and a list of winner(s) (when complete) are also available during regular business hours at the main studio of KBAY-FM, 5225 Hellyer Ave, Suite #245, San Jose, CA 95138. All such requests must be received within thirty (30) days following completion of the Promotion.