If you’re going out on a first date in hopes of having someone to spend Valentine’s Day with, The Takeout has assembled a list of the five worst foods to order.
- Wings — “Have you tried keeping up a conversation with someone distracted by the task of gnawing through a pile of saucy bones?”
- Garlic anything — “I wouldn’t want it on my breath if I were talking to a close friend, let alone someone I’m trying to know romantically.”
- The kids menu — “If a potential romantic partner orders dry nuggets, unsalted fries and a glass of chocolate milk, they’d better have some good conversation to back it up.”
- Triple-extra-death-spicy foods — “Would you enjoy sitting across from someone who’s dripping sweat and snot into their food and trying to keep their fingers from brushing their eyes?”
- Romantically themed entrees — “Ordering the Honeymoon Steak and Shrimp Special or the Love Boat for Two might be jumping the gun.”